Choral Skills Class
A class to help you be successful and effective as a member of a choir!
Whether you have never sung before, are just beginning to explore choral music, or are a seasoned chorister who wants to learn more, this class will support you to become a real asset to your choral group.
We will focus on:
- how to sing efficiently (vocal technique)
- how to sing effectively toward improved group sounding (intonation and blending)
- how to hold your part when another part is sounding
- how to understand written choral music (a choral score)
Friday mornings; 10:30 am to Noon
8 sessions starting May 13th
Sierra 2 Center for the Arts and Community
2791 24th Street, Sacramento, CA 95818
Fill out form below OR
Register by email: [email protected]
Register by telephone: (916) 765-6537
Custom Skill-Building Classes
~ The Basics of Reading Music
Begin the process of interpreting the signs and
symbols on written music
~ Beginning C-Flute Ensemble
Learn how to play and simple instrument in a
~ Improvisation with Tone
Explore your voice without the structure of a
~ Song Leading
Learn how to support a group to learn and
present a song
~ Stepping into Rhythm
Bring the body into relationship with the beat
~ Singing Rounds
Produce simple harmony in a group setting
~ Ear Training for Harmony
Begin to develop the capacity to hear and
reproduce accurate tone relationships
~ Singing 101 NEW!
A beginning class to learn how to form a
beautiful singing tone
2. When there are 4 interested students, a calendar will be created based on their schedules.
3. Once the class is calendared, the class will be formally announced for other students to enroll.
Cost per class: $150
Use this form
your class interests.